Department of Microbiology Biology, research group of prof. Dr. Johann Heider, looking for a position - "Research Assistant". The group carries out research in the field of the biochemistry of anaerobic microbial metabolism. The tasks of the person in the position will include teaching services in the field of microbiology and research in the field of microbial biochemistry using modern methods in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry, spectroscopy and biotechnology.
The position offered includes research training in a dynamic international group using the latest technologies. The employed person will be able to conduct independent scientific research necessary to obtain a doctorate.
The Philipps University Department of Microbiology Biology actively supports young scientists from, among others, Marburg Research Academy (MARA).
- Part-time employment (50% of normal working hours) for a period of 3 years.
- Salary and benefits in proportion to the post in the public service in the Land of Hessen (TV-H E13, 50%).
- Opportunity to conduct your own research to obtain a PhD
- The possibility of employing candidates with children (we have a family-friendly university certificate) and the possibility of setting individual working hours
- Possibility of employing disabled people
- Master's degree or equivalent related to a field of biology or chemistry with a specialization in microbiology, biochemistry or genetics
- Solid practical experience in biochemical, analytical or molecular biology methods
- Experience related to: cultivation of microorganisms, anaerobic techniques, work with proteins or biochemical analysis is welcome.
- Creative and critical mentality
- Ability to work in an international team
- Good command of the English language allowing for easy communication
- Willingness to obtain further scientific qualifications
In order to apply for the position, you must prepare in English: CV with a cover letter, a list of publications and contact details.
The whole should be sent in one pdf file with the registration number "fb17-0024-wmz-2020"Until July 31, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com
Application documents should only be submitted in the form of a non-returnable copy. The start date of work is 01.10.2020/XNUMX/XNUMX.
More information on Philipps University publication